School Business Manager & Head of Governance and Compliance
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Pikemere School as School Business Manager. The successful candidate will also play a key role in developing Chancery Multi Academy Trust as their new Head of Governance and Compliance.
Chancery Multi Academy Trust was established in April 2018. We are looking for a dynamic School Business Manager with a strong understanding of school and academy governance. In this role you will be a key part of a small but friendly central MAT team.
The core responsibilities of the post include:
- Leading the Business Management functions at Pikemere School
- Central and local governance management, including leading on Trust Board clerking, compliance and Trustee relations, and acting as Company Secretary for the Trust
- When required, advising on governance legislation and procedural matters to the relevant Committee Chair and CEO
- Developing and maintaining the Trust’s governance documentation, including the Scheme of Delegation and terms of reference for each committee
- Quality assurance of Trust and Local Governing Body clerking, compliance and governance
- Leading on Governor recruitment, induction, support and audit
- Oversight of Trust and school level policy and website compliance
- This is varied position where will you drive best practice in corporate governance and corporate compliance including data protection and GDPR matters.
- Responsibility for maintaining the Risk Register at a school and Trust level, and driving actions to reduce identified risks.
Personal profile, experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant experience within a compliance function
- Extensive experience of regulatory framework relating to governance of Schools and Charitable Organisations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Data Protection principles, including all aspects of the GDPR
- Scrupulous attention to detail, even when working under pressure to strict deadlines
- Strong IT and minute taking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management and ability to deal with complex workload
- Personable and approachable
- Able to interpret and explain complex ideas and legislation in non-technical language.
Application forms can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – 29.07.20
Shortlisting – 30.07.20
Interviews will be held – 31.07.20